Audit process for achieving certification consists of a 2stage Initial Certification Audit as follows:
Stage 1 - Purpose of visit is to confirm the readiness of the organization for full assessment. The assessor will:
- Confirm that the quality manual conforms to the requirements of HACCP / ISO 22000
- Confirm its implementation status & scope of certification
- Check legislative compliance
- Produce a report that identifies any non-compliance or potential for non-compliance and agree a corrective action plan if required.
- Produce an assessment plan and confirm a date for the Stage 2 assessment visit.
Stage 2 - Purpose of IIvisit is to confirm that the quality management system fully conforms to the requirements of HACCP. The assessor will:
- Undertake sample audits of the processes and activities defined in the scope of assessment
- Document how the system complies with the standard
- Report any non-compliances or potential for non-compliance
- Produce a visit plan for the first surveillance visit